Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Birthday, Daddy-o!

Sixty years ago, my father was born. The big six-oh! Today, he's sure to get a card from his sister harassing him about his age (despite the fact that she's older), a cup of leftover coffee brewed the day before, and the chance to get a senior citizen's discount.




Yesterday, he asked if I knew of a place that will give him a free meal for his birthday. I'm sure he'll ask me the same thing today, not remembering yesterday's conversation. I'll suggest Sips - you might have to work as "CFO Dad" for your meal, but it'll be free. I still think you should celebrate at the DER (for those of you who don't know, this stands for "The Diner at the End of the Road" which is a greasy spoon at the end of the road my parents' house is on.)


So cheers to you, Dad. May your day be filled with sunshine, birthday cereal, and a day off from vacuuming up dog hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment