Monday, August 17, 2009

Presbyterians can't bowl

This weekend was full of fun, adventure, and not sewing. Saturday, a Hokie friend had a garage sale and invited friends to bring their not-trashy stuff to get rid of. I brought a few things to make a few bucks. I was able to make more than what I spent - that's always nice! Since I was in Cleveland, I've been big on artwork. I love the modern, bright musical instrument painting I bought up there. This one blows the cake. It's so mathematical, I can die happy. Not only that, but Matt (the garage sale host) made it. To understand the math behind it, look up the golden rectangle: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_rectangle . And try this link to get an idea of where the spiral came from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logarithmic_spiral

I went bowling last night with the young adult group from church. The biggest conclusion I made from the groups skills is this: Presbyterians can't bowl. They should make a movie out of it, like White Men Can't Jump. My left wrist starting hurting me last week - I don't know what I did. I assume I slept on it funny or strained it while working out. Regardless, I only bowled one game, and my best bowling stance was via Granny Bowling: use both hands to shove the ball down the lane. I ended up with a 37 - I treated it like golf: the lowest score wins. I also have to comment: do you see the American flag on the wall? On the other side of the bowling alley, there was a giant Texas flag. Only in Texas bowling alleys would they think to hang them both!

No comments:

Post a Comment