Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fabric for a new Runner

I made a test block to see what my bubblegum pink thread would look like on black & white - I think I like how it came out. I remember when I first learned how to write my name in cursive when I was in kindergarten (almost -I didn't make the l's into loops - they looked more like t's that weren't crossed). It was exciting - and I liked writing it. I feel the same way when I write it with a sewing machine! When I do the real quilt, I'm going to write a bit larger and more uniform. I'll print off words on paper via Microsoft Word and a fun cursive script. More to come on that next weekend, I think.

Friday night was rather relaxed for me. I wasn't feeling too well during the day, so I was more than okay when plans with a friend didn't work out. I went home, had some leftovers, washed and cut my fabrics for quilt #4. Since I went with modern fabrics for the last one (I had many questions from many old ladies at JoAnn's - why would I want to QUILT with SKULLS??), I thought a dark red and tan would be great. That, and college football games are just around the corner. I wouldn't consider these fabrics maroon, but I'd say it's in the same color family. Now I can quilt and think about cheering on my Hokies! I will start sewing this next weekend at the earliest. I want to quilt some words into the black & white runner first!

No comments:

Post a Comment