Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Two haircuts in two days

My hair was getting long, and weighted down. I first thought I just needed a trim, but my hairdresser escalated my concern and thought my hair needs to remain short. I forgot about my goal of growing my hair long enough to be able to donate it again. I only told her that I wanted to keep the length.
So I got my hair cut. The top layer was cut really short, and the bottom touched my neck/shoulders. That drove me nuts. I felt like it was an almost-mullet cut from the 80s. I've never gone into detail about my hair before, but I can assure you that the bottom layer is coarse, something I want to keep hidden, and nothing I would ever want to be the only strands to brush my shoulders - especially in the summer - especially in the Austin heat.
So exactly one day after I went to the hairdressers, I cut my hair myself. Not all of it - just the bottom layer. It's lighter, it's easier. I actually put far less gel in it than before - too much gel will weigh it down.
I'm sure you now know more than you've ever wanted to know about my crazy hair that has a mind of it's own. I promise I'm not usually this self-centered.

No comments:

Post a Comment