Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Shorts & Skirts


Yes, that is my skinny waist. After getting out of work early yesterday (since I was at work before 7am), I did some shopping at JoAnn's to pick up elastic, a zipper, and a hook & eye (actually 14 of them)- I'm making clothes!
Getting elastic for the Elvis shorts means I was able to finish them last night! I should have strayed from the pattern and made Bermuda shorts. Oh well, there's always next time. The pattern called for draw strings, but I'm not a big fan of it. Elastic is good enough for me!

This is my next non-quilting fabric. The thread of the flowers is tan, with a small gold strand in there too. It gives it a little shimmer, but not too much. I bought a pattern for a skirt a month or so ago since I like wearing skirts in the hot summer days. (SO much better than shorts!) I'm a bigger fan of the casual skirt look: paired with sandals and a tank top. If I like the pattern & fit, I might end up making a few skirts. This one is probably a more costly one: I ended up spending $17 on the fabric AFTER the 40% off JoAnn's coupon. I'm hoping to get it done by this weekend (maybe even tonight since I'll be leaving work around 3:30 again!)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Shelley. I used to make clothes, but gave it up for the simplicity of quilt making. But, I still have several shirts I wear around the house. I could never get that professional look I wanted making them myself. Yours look great tho! Have fun making the skirt. That fabric should make a nice one.

    ReplyDelete