Thursday, July 9, 2009

Triple Star Kickers deserve 5 stars


I was invited to join the "*** Kickers" kickball team because I'm "sporty" - meaning I play football and I like to think of myself as an intimidating person. Before last night, the Triple Star Kickers were ranked 5th, and the top 4 teams go to the playoffs (which are still several weeks away). My team consists of a bunch of girls that are some way or another related to Girl Scouts and their significant others.

Not only did we win last night, we kicked some triple-stars! In past games, my 10 years of elementary school soccer didn't pay off. I ALWAYS popped the ball into the air (that's what a soccer defense is supposed to do!) but they would ALWAYS catch it. I made it to 2nd base in one game once. Last night, we played with a red, not yellow ball and that made all the difference. My first time up to bat, and there was a man on 3rd. Due to my usually "they always catch the ball and get me out" streak, I aimed the ball low to the ground and towards 1st base. I knew they'd still get me out, but at least we'd get a run too. My next time up to kick, I made it all the way to 3rd before we got 3 outs. My third at-bat was the charm - I ENDED UP SCORING A RUN! I did a little crazy scream when I made it 'round to home plate, but I'm pretty sure my teammates just think I'm odd.

And a shout-out to Lisa (lady to the left of me in the photo - I'm in the back behind a girl in glasses). Lisa stayed in the game fairly long, and had 3 family fans to cheer us on. Happy 4th birthday next week, Lisa! (Or so her nephew thinks...)

No comments:

Post a Comment