Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pink Elvis!


Here is an update on my table runner quilt. Saturday, I sewed together all of the pink triangles, and most of the black rectangles that are attached to them are 2 strips sewn together. I had to cut a bunch of strips for this quilt, and I ended up cutting the wrong amounts - which was good because I was able to lay out patterns so it looked more random. I started sewing things together diagonally, starting in the bottom right corner. Hopefully I'll have the whole top done by next Saturday! I bought a new foot for my machine last week - I'm going to try to free-motion the quilting part of it. Since this uses such modern fabrics (compared to the quilts at my parent's house), I thought I'd do a non-traditional quilting pattern too. I want to (with a lot of practice!) quilt words: maybe words to a song, a poem, random thoughts... we'll see.


When I was in Walmart last weekend, I looked through their small sewing section. I found a skirt patter & PJ pants/shorts pattern. I don't know about you, but I like wearing skirts when it's super-hot out, but I can't find anything (cheap) that I like. My solution is to make them myself. I'm definitely going to make PJ shorts for Lauren out of the pink fabric in this picture. If you look closely at it, you might notice that it's Elvis. Can't tell? Here's a close-up. (I don't know if this will be a bigger gift to Lauren or to Henrick!)

No comments:

Post a Comment