Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Shelley-day Saturday

These are all of my fabrics. I think I ended up buying 4 or 5 more - 2 I realized had an equal amount of black & white. BUT the book called for black on white or white on black - no fabric should be 50/50! I'll blame my high school days where I thought zebra print was cool (I wanted to avoid the leopard print crowd).


Yes, Mom, I do use my ironing board! But it's probably not in the way that Dad uses it to iron. This is everything cut out, in my pre-sewing stage. Do you want to know what it feels like to cut over one hundred 1-1/4" squares? I'll give you a call next time I decide to make this quilt. Most of the fabric that I used this weekend are on the bottom of the picture, wrapped in paper and labelled A-G.



After spending a lot of time with family for the 4th, I decided that it would only be appropriate to have a Shelley-day on Saturday. As an introvert, I was more than happy to stay in my apartment and not see another human being for a day... aside from some of my favorite television stars. I popped in some Veronica Mars (luckily I'm not done with Season 1 - I only have 2 seasons, so I'm hoping they last for the whole quilt!) and I sewed away. Now, before you gasp at how little that is done, remember I'm a beginner. I'm quite proud of where I am right now, and I have to admit that I not only took bathroom breaks, but also movie breaks if there was a juicy first kiss or gunfight scene.
Here are steps one and two completed:

No comments:

Post a Comment