Monday, July 20, 2009

Bands, Tea, and New Shoes!

Friday, I went to see the Lost & Nameless Orchestra. They're a blue grass band, and get their hands on as many instruments as possible. How did I find out about them? The guy with the full beard (Win) and the guy playing the accordion (Nathan - also a Hokie) go to my church. The group played at an outdoor venue at Central Market, a grocery store. Yes I took pictures, but I don't have my camera with me, so I'm stealing pictures from other people.

My car started making clicking noises a week ago. The body shop said it has to do with the motor of a door of the A/C and heat vent. The door won't close all the way, so it is taking longer for my a/c to get cold. It'll cost $700 in labor to fix plus the cost of an expensive motor. To relax, I went to Walmart. I got a pair of sneakers (desperately needed) and $9 football/soccer/kickball cleats (also needed - the pair I've been using are at least 10 years old). Darn, I didn't luck out on nice shoes for work. Am I too picky when looking for work shoes? I can't find anything! Guys have it a lot easier. (I somehow solved my car's issue by turning on the "circulate air around the car" button - no more clicking! I should pay myself $700 labor for that!)


Sunday, one of the women of the young adult group of my church hosted a women's tea party. I'm not too girly (let me play football any day), and I didn't grow up drinking tea like some of these southern belles. I did surprisingly have a hat (in the group picture above), and I wore the wool hat for all of 5 minutes. I don't think anyone believed me when I said modeling runs in my blood, so I might have to share pictures of Mimi (my grandmother) modeling. This morning I noted that two out of four of my pictures she was wearing gloves and a hat. After the tea, I went home thinking I should do something manly like belch or watch football. Instead, I sewed (but hey, at least it wasn't all pink fabric!) I'll talk more about that tomorrow, if I remember my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment