Monday, July 13, 2009

Quilt Number 3!


This is the next quilt I'm working on. It's a table runner quilt, and I think my next few will be that size so that I can get practice with a variety of patterns before I have to do another real one. I was told black & white are the new black. After looking for fabrics for this quilt, whenever I see a black & white shirt or dress, I think to myself, "Hmm, maybe I could buy it, cut it up, and use it in the quilt!" Luckily, I haven't been to JoAnn's in a few weeks, so I'm not as crazy about it as I used to. I spent all day Saturday working on it, with the first season of Veronica Mars playing as background noise. I'll post how far I've gotten (and show you the fabrics I'm using) tomorrow. For now, I'll leave you with this picture. It's my backing - I'm SO EXCITED for when I quilt it. And yes, even looking at it in person makes your eyes play tricks on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment