Friday, July 10, 2009

Adventuring outside of Texas

It's always nice to head north, to the village of Churchville, NY which has one stoplight in the entire town. I spent several days with family for the 4th of July, and we had out usual celebrations. Here is the oldest of my siblings - what a grown-up! (Can someone show this picture, and this link, to Lauren? Her email address thought this was spam every time I tried to tell her about my blog!)

All weekend, I was called a pied piper - is that what did Grandma called me? Apparently, I'm still a kid at heart because some of them were attached at my hip. (Hi Jules!) Given some of the adult conversations (that's all I'm going to mention about that!), I'm happier than ever to still be stuck at the kid's table.

It was nice that Lombardi's in Fairport, NY (I'd say this is a free advertisement, but I'm pretty sure the only people that are following my blog that aren't family live in CA or TX - a total of 3 friends!) I'd have to say they were lacking in chairs, and some of the workers, aka my two Lombardi cousins, were sitting down on the job (which meant my lap).

When it comes to family gatherings, the Hoflers (my mom's family) mean business about desserts. Not pictured here is a funfetti cake, a giant box of chocolates, a basket of candy, two 9" round brownies with frosting, and a three layered super-chocolate cake that my mom served Tuesday night (as if eating more leftover brownie would be too much...) Please ignore the fruit at the other end of the table - that was part of dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment