Tuesday, January 5, 2010

VT Koozies!

On New Year's Eve, I was in JoAnn's & had about 15 minutes before the store closed early. All their yarn was on sale, so I picked up two giant skeins of orange and maroon. I had Virginia Tech on my mind since it was 30 minutes away from our Bowl game. (Yes, we dominated Tennessee.) I spent Saturday morning in my PJ's, watching a movie, and trying to knit "refreshment" koozies. Ideally, I'd like to make some for my kickball team, but (no offense to any Triple Star Kickers) I'd first like to have a VT koozie to be stylish. The first that I made is the one on the right. You can see I had a bit of trouble on the third row of the VT lettering. I ended up re-doing the orange one three times to make sure I got it right.


The best part: this is probably the least expensive craft I could do. $5 for almost 2,000 feet of yarn. And unlike scarves, I can make it in one sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment