Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Kasiske Challenge

If you know me at all, you know that I've worked hard in the past year to get fit and lose some weight - over 20% of my body weight.

To help motivate my parents to head to the gym too, I'm creating the Kasiske challenge. The winner gets bragging rights, maybe an extra green apple when we play Apples-to-Apples, and a better looking body. If you're not a Kasiske, feel free to play along too, you just might not be able to get the bonus Apple card.

Here are the rules:
- For every minute you work out (cardio, weight lifting, etc, but sitting in a sauna doesn't count), you get a point.
- For every week (Sunday-Saturday) you exercise 4 days, you get an extra 5 points.
- As far as Wii games are concerned, they don't count. Boxing may make you sore, and there is jogging in place, but taking the extra step to do a Tae-Bo DVD or getting onto the treadmill is better.
- For every pound you lose (From your weight on Jan 1), that's an extra point. If you're at or near your ideal weight, don't let this deter you from exercising.
- If you quit or give up, you're not allowed to eat Chocolate French Silk Pie until 2012.

There should be no excuses. Be sure to take a before picture because I want to see some results when I head up to Churchville in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment