Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Alison's Awesome Apron

I think my sister is avoiding my phone calls because I didn't finish her apron (or start) before the new year. I talked about it a few posts ago. Here's the finished product, and maybe she'll talk to me again! (Just kidding, Alison. I know you're busy with work & Sean & trying to beat my Wii Fit Scores.)
A few comments about making it:
(1) I love using a pattern, but I also like personalizing it by going off-pattern or mixing up the suggest fabric/pattern.
(2) Ruffles are so easy to make. I ruffled the top around the bust, and the 3 ruffles on the bottom.
(3) The back of the apron is lined. If I make this type again, I won't cut out the back until I've pieced the front all together. Somehow my fabric stretched and shrank (stretching from the brown piping, shrinking from the waist pleats). It just ended up being an awkward sewing job at the end.
(4) The straps criss-cross in the back and tie at waist-level.
(4) I still don't like ironing.

No comments:

Post a Comment