Friday, January 15, 2010

Adventures of a Blonde in Denmark

Today's blog post isn't about me. It's about my excitement for my sister and her new husband-to-be. I always wondered what it would be like to have a brother that didn't pick on me as a child! (Thanks for finally stopping that, Brad.) Who is this lucky foreigner that has chosen to be a part of the Kasiske family?

Henrick won the heart of my grandmother (my dad's mom) the second she heard his accent. He won the heart of my parents when he invited them to visit his apartment in the French Riviera and introduced them to wine that doesn't come in a box. (My dad mentioned he might give Henrick a Michigan Tshirt to welcome him to the family. Gee, it took me 3+ Christmases to get a Michigan T!) Henrick is Elvis's biggest fan, which won the heart of ... Topaz, my sister's fat fluffy cat. ("Blasphemy! Topaz is not fat" - sorry Henrick.) And he won the heart of my sister (I know, this is getting a bit too mushy) - I don't know the exact moment, but I'm fairly certain she's smitten with that rock on her finger.

The proposal took place in Copenhagen, Denmark. (I initially assumed it was in Germany because that's where Henrick is working.)

1 comment:

  1. Was that picture taken in Copenhagen? It looks really familiar... but you said they got engaged in Munich? Congrats to your sis!! I like foreigners.

    ReplyDelete