Monday, January 25, 2010

"I'll just put Chuck in with my pants."

It was hard not to chuckle in church when Elizabeth said that. (I swear, Nathan, I was paying attention to your organ-playing.) I would have laughed out loud if she didn't say "with." Please note, Chuck is a TV series she has on DVD, not an actual person. The (PJ) pants were my Christmas present to her - they were in a bag, she was not wearing them when she put the Chuck DVD with them.

I finished Elizabeth's Christmas present - within a month of Christmas! She reads my blog, sees my sewing progress, and hears all these stories about sewing stuff I do for baby Emma. I thought it was about time I made something for her!
Elizabeth's complaint about her current PJ pants was that they were too long. (She's a bit shorter than me.) So I shortened these AND made it so she could fold them up, if needed. Luckily, I realized this was a unisex pattern before I started sewing too much. I cut off 6-10 inches of the length. I'm not sure how the width turned out - a text from E said it was roomy. Elizabeth, I can take some of that in if you want. We should have had a fitting or two.

1 comment: