Monday, January 4, 2010

Creative Gifts & a NYE Ball

I'm not the only creative one in the family. I mentioned that my brother is (still) in the process of making me a wooden dartboard cabinet. My little sister made bowls made of old records (those were the things that were pre-iPod, pre-CD, and pre-cassette tape) and cookies for my soccer-playing, ballet-dancing, and horse-riding cousins.


Elizabeth, the oldest in the picture above, has always been creative at Christmas time. I have a fleece blanket and knit scarf from previous years. This year, she made the ladies necklaces or bracelets (you can see some in the pic below). Her younger sister, Julianna, made fleece hats - can you tell she picked out the fabric? The peace sign & rainbow hats will definitely fit right in in Austin!
During after-Christmas shopping, we found this giant ornament turned New Year's Eve ball. My dad rigged it so that they could drop it while the real ball. I may or may not have gotten a call at 12:10am EST from a somewhat tipsy parent - it must have been a hoppin' party! (I was told no one at my parents' party needed a nap before midnight! Congrats for being great party planners!) I celebrated NYE by watching Virginia Tech cream Tennessee, and then played the Wii with Elizabeth and Leah.

No comments:

Post a Comment