Friday, January 8, 2010

An Apron for Alison

My little sister (Hi Alison!) wanted an apron for Christmas. It wasn't your ordinary apron: it was red polka-dotted and had ruffles. I don't know if you know this or not, but redheads don't usually wear a lot of red, so I figured she wanted it for the ruffle and not for the red. Thus, my gift to her was a fun, funky apron (ruffles and polka dots included). We had a trip to JoAnn's when I was in Churchville for the week, she picked out fabrics, and I got started. Unfortunately, I enjoyed relaxing on the couch too much because I only pre-washed the fabric before my flight back to Austin. I'm planning on finishing it this weekend, and it'll be mailed off next week.
Since I'm a beginner, I thought a pattern could teach me a bit, and I could have six ideas for Christmas presents next year. Here are the aprons from the book that I bought. Alison's is the A-2 blue with blue/green/brown fabrics, and a modified heart-shaped top.

In other news, it was 25 degrees when I drove to work today. Luckily, it is colder in the last 3 cities that I've lived in (OH, VA, & NY).

No comments:

Post a Comment