Friday, December 11, 2009

A quilt forgotten

Yesterday, Lane (perhaps I usually talk about him as my quilting coworker) brought in a beautiful country-themed (not country western, country cupboard as in Mom's style) Christmas quilt. After staring at it for 10 minutes, I was inspired to kick myself into gear. I've done a lot of sewing lately, but none of it has been for a quilting project. My goal was to make 3 table runners by the end of the year. I have 1.5 done right now. My new goal is 2 (unless I feel like making one when I'm in Churchville for Christmas.)

So I went home, and sat down at my machine. I would have gotten the whole top pieced, but I lent my cutting board and fabric pizza-cutter to a friend. The last piecing is another few inches of the red fabric with little flowers all around the edge. I think I'm going to make it a thicker border, or lengthen the ends.

I admit, I was hesitant having just 2 colors in the whole quilt. I actually picked out a tan w/ blue stars as the backing. (You can see it to the right of the strip below.) But, now that I see it this far, I like it. I've been talking to Lane to get suggestions on how to quilt it too. I might do more than "stitching in the ditch" because I can't do that for all my quilts for the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment