Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Christmas Loot

I thought I'd share a picture of my Christmas loot with everyone. My mom shared her excitement when she found this dresser (antique bird's eye maple which matches my current dresser), but her plans of giving it to me were foiled when I moved to Austin before any gift-giving holiday. A total of three times pre-Christmas Day, my parents mentioned to me that they need to drive to Austin when they visit next time because my gifts won't fit on a plane. With their hints, I pretty much knew I'd finally get the dresser.
The cabinet door sitting in front was made by my brother, which will eventually be placed on a whole cupboard he's building me for my new dart board. I'm excited for it - I'm not the only craft-it-yourself Kasiske! Now, if only I had a garage or game room to put it in...

A panini grill, math items (including 2 of the same Rubik's cube), and a book on redheads were other winning gifts that I got.

I'd like to end this blog with a picture of my mom's favorite gift to the family. My parents are usually the BUTT of our jokes, and we can be real STINKERS sometimes. So for today, I'll let my dad bring in the REAR. Dad, you're a real SHIiiining star. (My grandma reads this blog, what'd you think I was going to say?)

That's a wooden (I can only presume antique) outhouse seat. My mom wants to rebuild an outhouse after finding the outline of an old one behind their garage. I can only hope it's for show and not for use.

No comments:

Post a Comment