Monday, December 7, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

The best part about Christmas crafts is the fact that no one knows what crafts I am capable of making until after Christmas. Take for instance, the Christmas scarf I crocheted last year. After seeing it, a coworker asked for one. My promise was to make one in time for Christmas this year. A whole 10 months later, I crocheted the majority of the large scarf while in the air on a plane. (A lot of old ladies were a little mad at me that it was easy to bring a PLASTIC crochet HOOK into the airport. They were so shocked that it was possible. Sorry, ladies, I don't think a small piece of plastic is going to be able to break skin. I think your belt could do more damage.) I finished it while house-sitting for my friends that have a baby. Since I had some yarn left, I figured making a baby scarf would be perfect since there wasn't enough for anything else. The baby loved the sparkly skein of yarn - I think I'll just give that to her next year and save the labor.
I'm not going to post my Advent Calendar until later this month. There are 2 reasons for this:
(1) I like it when the tree is filled with ornaments
(2) There are some people in Austin that read my blog that might be interested in one. I don't have time to do anything before Christmas this year, so I'll wait so that they request one for NEXT December - having 10 months to do it is more aligned with my timeline!

1 comment:

  1. Emma loves her scarf Aunt Shelley! LOL, I also loved the line about not wanting to post the Advent calendar picture yet...hmm. Emma looks fwd to getting one next year!!! :)

    ReplyDelete