Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Three Months Lost

I should have opted to go on vacation with my parents for this week. (Hi Mom & Dad!) I should be basking in the South Carolina sunshine, swimming in the 80 degree ocean, and drinking wine with my parents while they watch football. Heck, I would have been an only child for the week (despite the fact that I heard they have already talked to or saw all 3 of my siblings.) But no, I had to be unselfish, save my money, and stay in Austin. I could have had a calm before the storm!

What type of storm is coming? I've lost three months of work - I found out today that a deadline for a big project is no longer as far out as I imagined. It will be moved up three months! I should have enjoyed a vacation before I got this news, because it'll be work-work-work until mid-November. Yes, I thought I had until early February, but now everything will be crammed: my analysis, my work hours, my weeknights, my extra-curriculars... I'm sensing a late-night Friday work day since I'm so busy Tuesday-Thursday after work.

The final decision to "iron this experiment out" will be in 2 days. Keep your fingers crossed until then! I'm half-way hoping the "experiment" is to see how much we freak out if they pretend to change the dates. Otherwise, I'll definitely be planning a calm after the storm!


On a lighter note, I came across this news article: http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/09/15/tf.why.men.love.redheads/index.html

Where are all these boys that are infatuated with red hair and how come I'm never approached as much as this article suggests?

Wouldn't I get extra points of uniqueness for being left-handed as well?

And my comments are as follows:
(1) I've never been called a flame brain before
(2) I've never been compared to a unicorn before either
(3) Ignore the last sentence. We are not plain human beings, feel free to worship us as much as your heart desires

No comments:

Post a Comment