Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sunday Coffee at Summermoon Cafe

I absolutely love my sister's coffee shop in Rochester. I haven't found anything comparable in Austin, and I have yet to find a good coffee supplier here. I grab at least two pounds when I visit. When I tell Austinites about Sips (http://www.sipsrochester.com/), they ask about my favorite coffee shop in Austin. And I go blank. Long story short, I'm electing to go coffee shop shopping to see if there's a shop that's somewhat comparable to Sips.

This Sunday's coffee was from Summermoon Cafe. They roast their beans nearby via wood-fire. The coffee itself (after my tongue realized it was too hot to drink right away) was good. The set-up was home-y. But that's where it ended. I only had one choice for drip coffee. There was a slightly musty smell. I'm pretty sure that when I was in there with my work laptop, I wasn't able to connect to the internet. And they close at 6pm every night, despite the fact that there is a college within walking distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment