Monday, September 28, 2009

Soccer Shots, Sewing a Sign, Singing and Signing

I admit, I only pretend to be a good photographer. I took some pictures at my soccer game (we won 5-1!), and got a few good ones - others were blurry (that is a great one of Jen otherwise) and one is headless. Oops!


I was asked to help make a sign for the Virginia Tech vs Alabama game a month ago. I was mainly asked because I was the only person Jacob knew that had a sewing machine. Despite my being used for my sewing skills, I agreed, and after some free BBQ dinner and a drink, I got started on the sign. Please note, if I was in charge of this project, I would have taken measurements and sewn it better. I showed up, was told how it should be sewn, and tried my best. (If it were up to me, I would have sewn it so the bottom wouldn't be as loose.) I helped paint a little too. For those who don't know, Frank BEAMER is Virginia Tech's head coach, and Kirby SMART is Alabama's defensive coach (I think). Yes, that's Frank in a Beamer and Kirby in a Smart car. The second image shows a smashed up Smart car.


Lastly this weekend the children's choir performed at church. I taught them a song in sign language that I learned when I was little: Jesus Loves Me. I've heard from several people that the kids LOVED learning sign language - maybe they'll keep an interest in it like I did! The first picture is me teaching the congregation how to applaud, the second is all the kids singing (and signing). I think it was taken at "Yes" in "Yes, Jesus loves me." I'll have to photograph the stained glass @ church sometime - it's beautiful! If you're interested in learning more about the church, the website is http://www.cpcaustin.org/ . (How's that for being evangelical, Elizabeth?)









No comments:

Post a Comment