Monday, November 15, 2010

Since I Can't Grow a Mustache...

Apparently, crazy facial hair has been a craze among a few of my friends for the past year or so. A few have grown mustaches enough to curl the ends with wax. One friend decided enough was enough - he was ready to end the mustache phase of his life. As in any of his parties, he went all out. Hundreds of fake mustaches to choose from laid on the "welcome" table, mustache clocks, mustache shot glasses, and mustache stickers were strategically placed around his house.

I opted to applique the glasses-with-big-nose-and-mustache disguise onto a t-shirt. I bought the shirt from the dollar store when I bought the black pirate shirt (hey - the party was hosted by the same guy, I might as well applique the next theme too). The rest of the fabrics were scraps from my bins.After laughing at Mike & touching his face for a good 10 minutes, I had to quiz him to make sure it was really him under this crazy 'stache. He went all out, shaving his head and his beard. I feel a little bad - I laughed at him for most of the night when I looked at him. I told him to dye it platinum blond like Hulk Hogan. (Somehow it did make him look more buff. Maybe it was that '80s look.) No worries though - it is safely shaved off and he'll return to his normal sophisticated beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment