Monday, November 15, 2010

Houston Quilt Show, Round 1

I walked around the Houston International Quilt Show with my jaw open. I'm surprised I didn't drool. There were so many fabrics, colors, techniques, & interpretations. I apologize - I forgot my camera, so all I had was my iPhone. Some pictures aren't as clear as they should be.


Look at all of the different fabrics used for this one, especially on the bark of the tree. I love how the leaves are 3D.

I cannot imagine the time it took to quilt this peacock feather. The entire eye is thread - you can see it best in the brown of the bottom half. Each piece of the feather is thread as well. Holy canoli!


This one started as a one-month project that turned into three years. If you look at the details, you can see they stitched in images of the liberty bell, the "Don't Tread on Me" snake, animals, flowers, etc. The Pledge of Allegiance lines the border of the blue section.

This was a $10K winner - as it should be. She made and dyed the lace border. What!?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment