Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Beerventures in Houston

When I saw that a beer can house on a list of "50 crazy houses" was in Houston, it became something that was put on my "possible adventure" list for when I visited. Once Mike told me that his parents are a few blocks from it, we ventured towards Beerland.


Don't get your hopes too high. Not all of these are beer cans. Some are soda. Regardless, there are a lot of 'em, and all liquids in the cans were consumed on the property.


There was a crazy gift shop that sold sombreros made out of cardboard beer containers (Think of the box your cans come in if you buy a 24-pack) and there were bottle top earrings. Someone even made a beer-related broach. I would have bought it for Mimi for Christmas, but I think it was made out of bottle tops - not from beer on tap.


Did I mention the lot behind the beer house is for sale? I'm sure you could get it for a great price! (The house kiddie-corner to this one put up walls that reached past their 2nd story.)

No comments:

Post a Comment