Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sewing Skills to the Rescue!

I don't normally do sewing favors, but when the mom of a newborn asks for sewing guidance, it was hard to say no - especially since I was late in the baby shower gift for this neighbor (as in, I gave it to her 2 months after the baby was born). The hot dog costume (I did not make it, she bought it) came with no leg holes - the baby was supposed to have her legs curled up in it. However, babies grow and Baby M's legs didn't fit in there.

A seam-ripper of fun, a week break, and 10 minutes of sewing later, the hot dog was complete. Word on the street is that Baby M didn't like the costume, but I at least saw a picture of her in it. Pudgy legs sticking out and all.

As I mentioned before, Dewie was a fish. (To get it out there, I'm not one who would ever dress my dog up in clothes. I highly enjoyed being part of a school of fish though.) Mike bought a costume that was too small, so I pulled out a scrap of fabric, some scrap batting, and some Velcro to fix that problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment