Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Keep Austin Weird 5K

I "ran" the Keep Austin Weird 5K on Saturday. I think I maybe ran a mile in total. Throughout the race, there were optional pit stops, and I definitely lost a lot of time on the first one.

Amy's Ice Cream was being tossed in the air, and you had to catch it (with an ice cream cup, not with your hands). That took a while. Eventually, Mike caught some, I grabbed some spoons, and we at least walked while we ate. (Jogging and trying to scoop ice cream that someone else is holding is tough.) At the next stop, there was a limbo and ice pops (which were not frozen). After that, I swore off eating/drinking anything more besides water on the run.
I lost on that promise when the next booth was a sweet tea vodka shot. Two little boys that were nearby were sad that it was for adults only. We missed out on the last booth - which was a tequila shot near the finish line. I should have stopped there too. You know, to absorb the "Keep Austin Weird" culture.

We didn't wear costumes because we chickened out, and because I wasn't really feeling well as it was. (Thank goodness I had ice cream and vodka while I was out there - the perfect cure!) Next year, I think I'll train (possibly with ice cream and vodka) to run more than a mile. And I'll get my creative juices flowing for a crazy KAW 5K outfit. These pics are from the race and yes, they ran in these costumes.
The answer to yesterday's riddle will be blogged about soon. Dad, you're not even close with something math-related. It doesn't have something to do with Virginia Tech directly, but Virginia Tech could be considered part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment