Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A duck, a Skateboard and a Tricycle...

...I rode them all in Austin's Urban Assault Ride! That's right, I took my bike out on the mean streets of downtown Austin for a race. This partnered race (my partner was Mike - and we had Virginia Tech biking jerseys - be jealous, Dad) was a scavenger hunt/obstacle course. We rode to nine spots (the scavenger hunt portion) and had to do a silly task (the obstacle portion). Photos are from kruetzphotography.com. (For more photos, click on the "UAR photos" - my bib number was 438 I think.) All these pics here are us are here except the ducks. We must have gotten there before the photographer :( Does anyone want to ride around and take pictures next year? I want my own action shots!Stop one had giant blow up pool ducks that we had to ride & pull around the duck in the cold lake. Other stops included throwing newspapers, riding a Big Wheel Tricycle, and getting vampire teeth near the Congress Street Bridge, of course.
I laid on a skateboard, and was pushed down the bowling lane to knock over some pins, played piggy-back croquet, unscrambled a puzzle ("fit all these pieces in this square"), added numbers on a beach ball (thank goodness for my math background), and headed to the finish for the final stop. Naturally, this race ended with a giant slip-and-slide, a team photo, and our time was clocked. I'm so happy that we made it within a descent time, and got 66th place for all co-ed teams... that's the 78th percentile!I had so much fun (I still haven't stopped talking about it) and am looking forward to next year. Maybe by then I'll be better on my bike and I'll aim for 85th percentile, top 10%, number 1, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment