Monday, March 1, 2010

Back to Sewing!

Remember that house quilt I showed you 6 months ago? I finally started it! I procrastinated at cutting the fabrics because I'm scaling down the size. I've started with some nine-patches and friendship stars for the sky. The squares on the smallest nine-patches are only 1/2 inch wide. Although they're small, this has taken hours and hours so far.




Last fall, I tore my meniscus (the cartilage in my right knee between bones). I let it heal for several months, and now it flares up from time-to-time, but I don't have sharp pains like before. A walk (fast or slow) hurts more than a jog. I realized yesterday that driving hurts it more than playing soccer. And, if you have no sewing experience, Using the pedal of a sewing machine is like using the gas pedal of your car, but with more stops and starts. I bought a new knee brace that I'll use to sew and to drive, and probably wear after a soccer game.
(PS - first soccer game was this weekend. I had to play the whole game, so I racked up 90 minutes for the Kasiske challenge!) For the record, this is my second sewing injury. I pinched a nerve in my forearm last summer because I kept resting it on the table while sewing.

1 comment: