Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What does one wear to a Pirate Party?

Costumes are expensive. And cheaply made. I wish I could make a low-quality pirate costume and charge $60 for it. Yarrrr, buying a costume for the pirate-themed party was out of the question. At 8:30, I finally realized I needed to sew a skull and crossbones onto a shirt. It was a simple zig-zag stitch - the edges might fray a bit, but I just needed it for the night. I'll let you know what it looks like after I take it out of the dryer.


Total cost of my outfit: $7.79, which includes a $5 sword I shouldn't have splurged on - the host had swords at the door. The Dollar Tree sells tshirts, and I'm telling everyone I know. I am also excited to mention that I fit into a boys Large - that's right, I'm back into youth sizes. Of course, I cut out the neck so I could have more room.
Ahoy maties, did you notice the bandanna I have on my head? I made something out of the scraps of the fabric I used for Alison's black & white quilt - PERFECT. The real deal I lost at the party (I'm pretty sure it's in the Twister room), but I have more if another pirate party comes my way. I also wore the giant belt that I got a Kmart for $5 when I was in High School. I knew it'd come in handy some day. Black goucho Capri's, red stockings, a mermaid tat, and those giant earrings finished off my look.

No comments:

Post a Comment