Friday, February 12, 2010

It was an UNREAL weekend

Last weekend, I had a visit from the one and only Miss Holly Fake. (See what I did there? Unreal in the blog title, Fake as the last name- that's no coincidence, my dear friend.) It's been almost 4 years since I saw Holly, so it was exciting to see her once again!

Holly is my most random friend I could ever know, so I unsuccessfully tried to convince her to move to Austin. We toured Austin's state capitol, met up with some Hokies, went to Home Slice, tried on cowboy boots, ate some Hey Cupcake!, walked the steps of Mount Bonnell and declared our love for each other, walked through Zilker's botanical gardens, ate at Central Market, looked at houses, partied it up downtown, saw live music, decorated a pizza box, watched a horrible movie (we should have watched Cathy's Curse),and best of all, the DC snow prevented her from leaving Sunday morning. That's right, I got another 2 days with Hols. Additional time was spent leisurely. We met up with some church homies (the Stoddard girls and Wolfkills - holla!) to watch the Super Bowl. We played in Emma's new house more than Emma. Monday I went back to work and Holly rented a car and drove to San Antonio. She missed me so much that she got sick to stomach. Holly made it back to DC just in time for round 2 of the DC snowmania.










No comments:

Post a Comment