Monday, November 16, 2009

Jumping Julianna, Batman!


When I got a phone call Sunday morning asking if I wanted to skip church to watch my twelve-year-old cousin (Hi Jules!) in her horse show, I jumped (but not while on a horse) at the chance. For those of you who don't know, I had a horse growing up, and took riding lessons for a few years. The fact that Julianna loves horses is awesome, but I also need to throw in the fact that she's a Girl Scout too. And you all know how much I'm involved in Girl Scouts.


I was impressed at Julianna's posture (and while thinking about it, I'm trying to sit up even straighter) while riding. What poise, what focus! She must have stolen some of that from her dancing older sister. (Hi Liz!) And if it weren't for her spastic little brother (Hi AJ!), she might not have as much experience ignoring her surroundings and focusing at the task at hand.

What a great start to my Rochester visit! And for the record, there's a horse name Pi at the stables. Who WOULDN'T want to name their horse Pi??

No comments:

Post a Comment