Friday, November 27, 2009

A Blast from my Parents' Past

While I was looking through fabrics to steal from my mom, I came across some vintage 70's garb. The first is a button down shirt which was (surprisingly) worn by my dad way back when. No wonder my mom fell in love with him - this pattern reminds me of shower or window curtains that she has made in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if my dad wore this with olive green pants to really wow my mom. I tool this to see what I can do with it - tailor it so it fits me? Use it as fabric in my next project?
Oh, don't worry. I'll show you a bit of my mom's 70's style too. The red, white and blue strip below is a thick knit that she used to put around the bottom of her bell bottoms for decoration. "I still have a pair in storage somewhere." No thanks, mom, I think I'll pass on that. Since I have so much, I can picture weaving it into a funky purse, or using it as straps (it's thick and sturdy). Maybe I'll put some on the bottom of my bell bottoms!

The polka dot is another fun fabric I brought back. There isn't much - it's probably the size of a fat quarter. But I absolutely love polka dots, so I'll collect all that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment