Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sunday Coffee: Fair Bean


Sunday I went to Fair Bean Coffee (http://www.fairbeancoffee.com/). Despite the unmemorizable hours (opening & closing at different times during the week) and the fact that it's my second official coffee shop visit, it's my favorite so far.

As is suggested in the title, Fair Bean Coffee practices Fair Trade. Perhaps talking about the exploitation of workers and seeing the living conditions of the natives of Guatemala (no running water) and poor of El Salvador (they fear for their lives), this makes me feel better about getting coffee grown in a third world country.

As far as bean prices are concerned, they were average, running between $9-$12 per pound. Coffee was good, a free refill was included, and the windows were huge. The overall environment was relaxed and clean. I'm slightly saddened that I didn't visit during a weekday to enjoy the smell of beans roasting. Perhaps I'll have to visit again, and try an empanada.

No comments:

Post a Comment