Monday, October 5, 2009

My first time at a sewing machine

I was looking through the scrapbook of my life (which only goes up to the age of ~15 when digital cameras started to rule the world and prints were no longer ordered). I came across a picture of the first thing that I've ever sewn: pajama pants. For a few short years, my mom lead a 4-H group and the three memories I have of that are: "never tie a child to the bed" which was a real bullet point in the packet we got on babysitting, trespassing on a neighboring property to my parents' house to look at a beaver dam, and sewing PJ pants. These were a soft yellow, but I also insisted on making a fleece neon green. They were awesome. We did a little fashion show after everyone was finished, and I felt the need to do a little acting while I strutted my stuff. My hair looks a little crazy - I must have put in pig tails to go along with the little kid in PJ theme. I'm surprised we still have this picture; Mom, my tummy is showing - gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment