Friday, April 16, 2010

Room 3: The Sewing Room!

First of all, my neighbors are great. I have to thank Mike, Tiny, Pops, Dallas, Josh, and Jeff for helping set up my heavy furniture in this room. My stairs (which might get a blog post of their own sometime) twist and turn. They're not that nice to heave a heavy 6 foot long table up. Somehow, they managed. I'm not too ashamed to admit that I've been promising manual labor for sweets. So far I've made cookies and mini-cupcakes. (They haven't done nearly enough to deserve a chocolate french silk pie yet.)
OK, first off, how awesome is that bookcase on the left?!! My old school stereo is taking up 3 cubbies, and the rest has boxes filled with fabrics.
On the other side of the room is a twin bed. I had the frame, so I might as well get the bed, right? Right. As you can tell, I have fabric for my current sewing project all spread out and ready to go!

I had my Cleveland Girl Scouts paint these for me before I moved to Austin. For the rest of the room, I might buy more for my Girl Scouts here to paint. I might even spread it further. I just love the idea of having these cover the walls, each representing a friend's personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment