Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy Birthday, Brad!

Today is my brother's birthday. Happy birthday, Brad! (Mom, Dad, Ali, or Lauren - I trust you'll show him this post while you're on vacation. Best of luck for sunny weather while you're in Hilton Head.) Sorry, I don't really have a recent pic of him, but I promise he's 28 today & not 3.
Brad likes to cook (and now emails us all about smoking pork butt), so to go along with this, I'll share my recent baking experiment. I bought a surplus of tortillas, sour cream, and salsa. What to do with these? Make my own tortilla chips of course! I cut the tortillas into bite-sized pieces and baked them in my toaster oven. The dips I have here are an enchilada sauce (from enchiladas 2 days prior) and a salsa made by a friend. Yes, I'm proud of my avocado garnish. Despite the now 90-degree weather, I'm trying to cook once a week. It's better than turkey sandwiches (which is my usual lunch) or cereal (which is my usual breakfast) for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment