Thursday, April 15, 2010

It feels good to be crafty again!

Last night was a weekly neighborhood poker night. Now, my mama taught me not to gamble. I also inherited my dad's financially programmed brain. Why play if I know I'm going to lose? Last week, I joined the lot . This week, during poker night, I brought my yarn and a crochet hook.

So last night, I made a Virginia Tech koozie. I saw a technique on Create (a PBS show) to add designs onto your already-crocheted items. Experimentation is my middle name (not really, it's Frances, after my grandmother - hi Grandma!), so I decided to give it a try. And, boy-oh-boy, am I happy I did! The orange definitely pops off of the maroon so much more. Not only that, but it's easier! And it's definitely a better technique for shapes that I may make in the future that don't involve straight lines.

I'm working on the house this weekend. All remaining boxes will be emptied, pictures will be hung. It'll be great. Pictures to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment