Tuesday, December 28, 2010

'Twas the Day of Christmas

My Christmas was pretty laid back. I woke up late, watched tv, made crepes for breakfast, (my family called & talked about farting and saying the word 'ass' in church the previous night - that's a typical Kasiske thing), and then sat down at my sewing machine.

My neighbors are expecting a girl in February. Not only are they expecting a girl, but the Mom-to-be L O V E S pink, so you can imaging what the color is of everything that they have gotten thus far. As a Christmas gift to Baby M (and to the Dad-to-be), I made two gender-neutral burp cloth & bib sets. The monkey print is front & back, lined with brown. Apparent the Dad-to-be is obsessed with monkeys, so this was a perfect print! The dog pattern (they are Dewie's dog sitter if Mike and I are both out of town) is backed with a brown terrycloth (towel for those of you who don't pay attention to the name of fabrics) for the bib and burp cloth. I've been wanting to use that more - it'll help wipe up messes even better. It was just another something to experiment with!

These fabrics might make another appearance in the near future... (woof woof)

No comments:

Post a Comment