Monday, December 20, 2010

Knitting was my Therapy

What do you do on a plane to pass the time when you can't focus too well on a book? Crochet! And when I realized that I forgot my scissors, I decided to attempt to make my first hat. I liked swirling the orange and maroon so much that I made a matching scarf as well. (The scarf was finished in Austin.) I don't know if I could consider this a Christmas present, or if I strategically wanted him to have a hat & scarf for when I complain about his house being too cold!


For a moment, I ran out of maroon yarn. I searched my mom's knitting stuff and did about half the rows in this eventually-will-become-a-purse. It's still in NY for anyone that's interesting in picking up the needles.



So I knew I'd have enough for my hands to do, I picked up some red/pink/white yarn to crochet a baby blanket for a neighbor. After all, my 4 day trip home doubled and turned into a week and a half. Yes, I finished the blanket before I got on the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment