Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lauren & Henrick's Wedding Quilt


I mentioned in an earlier post that I was making a "rainbow quilt." Well, that's the most I could say without letting on to my sister that I was making a quilt for her. As you can see, each building is a different color (I didn't use purple though). Look at their engagement photo - do you recognize the buildings now?

This is probably the best quilting job I've done. I put swirls in the sky, stitched in the ditch around the windows, and made waves in the canal water. The binding was the best I've done too. I ended up tucking it under itself as I whip-stitched it down. (Thanks for the suggestion, Lane.) This made the border sturdier and more uniform. Lauren's favorite part was seeing "The Hollesen Family." If I had known that, I would have just written it on a piece of paper and given it to her, saving me hours and hours and HOURS of work.

Lastly, I backed the fabric with a "Coffee" pattern. It's fitting for Lauren, and made sense since Henrick got a boat AND a reminder of Denmark on the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment