Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Alpha, Beta, Glasses

As I was in Barnes & Noble, waiting for the guy I tutor to show up, I noticed the Math aisle. If anyone is going to get me a mathematical book for Christmas (as Santa has done for 2 years now - I think) this is THE book that I want. It's huge & each page describes a mathematical theorem/law/idea. It's a page description & there are photos involved for the mathematical-illiterate. I drooled a little bit while I flipped through this book -- but maybe it was because I went to the dentist and was used to them using the little spit-suction device.
Call me cheap or call me a nerd, but I found glasses for $1 at Target. I thought I'd share this news with you, (family member who I will not embarrass on the World Wide Web by not mentioning your name). I noticed they magnified up to 2. I got 2's, but I'd prefer 1.5 or 1.75. I might go back and get more. I prefer to have an extra pair in my desk at work and one at my sewing machine. I sometimes forget my glasses, and no glasses + computer = Shelley with a migraine. I think I like the brown/red/white on the right the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment