Friday, June 26, 2009



Yee-haw! It has been over a year since I moved to Texas. Last summer was a "record breaker" where there were over 40 days of 100+ degree heat. I've heard the words "record-breaking weather" far too much this year too! Yesterday, it got up to 105*, and has been the hottest in the state this summer (or so I've heard). Houston beat us by a pinch to get a blurb on cnn.com yesterday. I'm all about being the best, or breaking records, but I'd rather not be reminded of the heat when it's right outside. Remind me in December when it's below 0* at my parents' house. The heat doesn't bother me too much - I like being warm. My only complaint is that there isn't a garage at work. Have you ever tried to breathe in 120* air with a heck of a lot of humidity in it? Not fun. But hey, at least I can quickly dry off my towel that I use after I work out. Happy trails to you... I'll see y'all around the waterin' hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment