Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Second Quilt










Sadly, this took me almost a year to make. I started in July of 2008 and finished in May 2009. I am a big procrastinator, and after finishing the baby quilt, I realized I needed to do one project at a time, and start to finish! It matches my dishes too! For the quilting part, I quilted in the ditch around all of the black edges - around the star, around the black & red square, and then in the rectangle that makes up the border.




I also wanted to show you another project I did for the baby. This corkboard was originally gold, but the baby's room is mostly pink & brown. It was an interesting project, and I got two small hot glue gun burns. For next time, I'd invest in a pressurized stapler. (Is that what it's called? With big, heavy-duty staples that will staple wood.)






2 comments:

  1. I made one of those french memo boards too and it WAS a pain. I used a corkboard, batting, vinyl, and ribbons. And then i think i did use upholstery staples for where they join but then i also put cut buttons over top of those for decoration. Like the quilt - is it a wall hanging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it as a table runner, but my small dinette is being used as a sewing table! So really, this quilt has only been folded up or spread out on my floor for pictures. Ideally, I'll make a black table cloth and used both on my table.

    ReplyDelete