Monday, June 29, 2009

Balancing the weight (and fabrics)

This is it - I've lost 40 pounds! My goal now is to just be healthy. I love playing football, so I'll continue that in the fall. I need to get back into swing dancing too. And I'll stick to the gym - I get pretty sore from some of the classes that I take there and that means it's working.








Here is my official "fat pants" picture. These pants went off to charity, along with the 10 other bags of clothes that I out-shrunk, to be put to good use. I don't need them anymore, and I don't really desire a reminder on the top shelf of my closet of the size that I was.


In exchange for all of these clothes and shoes in the boxes/bags above, I've probably spent $200 at the outlet mall on some basic essentials. Even more exciting than that, my quilting coworker gave me a drawer full of fabric that I can sew with! Yes, Mom, that's my dresser, but I don't really utilize the bottom drawer because my closet is so huge. Now I have scraps, I might make a pair of Disney Cars shorts, and I can practice my free hand quilting! (Once I get a free motion quilting foot. I'll get there soon!)


No comments:

Post a Comment