Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Jeg ser fyr ved udgangen af den chunnel!

Jeg ser fyr ved udgangen af den chunnel! I see the lighthouse at the end of the chunnel!

I am so very close: All I have to do is attach the binding (which is already pinned down). I also need to make a little tag so lil' Z knows which Auntie is his favorite!

Straight lines are the cleanest way (for me) to quilt. Lane suggested I use masking tape to help guide my foot in a straight line. It worked like a charm, but I'm surprised at how much I can smell the tape after working with 50 yards of it! After some consulatation, I opted to make 16 small squares in each block. (Outlined in red on the green-striped square). The closer the quilting, the longer the quilt will last. And I want it to LAST FOREVER!





I had binding drama. I first thought the 1/2 yard of this red starfish fabric wasn't enough. I also thought I wanted a slightly deeper red. However, JoAnn's was out of the red that I REALLY wanted, so I took that as a sign. My first cut of the binding was a little off, but I made it work perfectly. I think the quilt could be another 20 inches in diameter and I'd have enough binding (don't get any ideas, Lauren. I can't change it now!) And after looking at this red with the other fabrics, it goes better than I thought it would.

Tonight's goal is to get everything sewn except for the hand stitching. That I will do on the plane later this week when I head to NY to visit this happy sailor!



No promises, BUT -- I might sneak the quilt into my office so that the quilt can get a photo op with a cardboard Elvis. I'm sure Z's dad would LOVE that - to have a quilt blessed by The King!

No comments:

Post a Comment