Friday, January 27, 2012

De børn er stadig i ovnen

Danish lesson of the day (according to babylon.com): "De børn er stadig i ovnen" means "The bun is still in the oven." That's right, but not for much longer. Less than 2 weeks and Baby Z will make his appearance! Less than a month and he'll meet his favorite Aunt. (Sorry, Ali but it'll be true.) So, what does this mean? I have to get sewing!

It took me about 45 minutes to lay out the squares on my guest bed. If you look between the 2 pictures, there are a few squares in different places, but not too many. I think 4 at most.



Then I spent 2 hours sewing the bottom 3 rows. Well, the rows themselves are not sewn together yet. Just the 7 across in the 3 rows. Included in this 2 hours is switching 2-4 blocks around, doing a quick clean of my machine, a trip to the store to get a seam ripper, and fiddling with Pandora to get more Elvis and Michael Buble music. I don't know where my seam rippers wandered off to. I can remember using them on a non-sewing project, so I probably put them away with my hammer or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment