Wednesday, October 6, 2010

They're All Girls! (so far)

I swear it's baby city in Austin. The neighbor had a girl 2ish months ago, another neighbor (babysitter to Dewie when I don't do it) is expecting a girl, Baby E (who I made my first baby quilt for) is expecting a little sister, and a coworker is expecting another child (his 1st child is Miss M who I made the yellow dress for) - sex unknown. If I was a betting gal, I'd say it's a girl with all the pink I've seen lately. I'd be more than okay if it's a boy though. My eyes are about to pop out of my head with all think pink I'm seeing.

I made some rock-n-roll bibs and burp clothes for the neighbor babies. The light pink is real soft, and it was a scrap from JoAnn's bargain bin, so I used it all up! On the back of these bibs/burp clothes is the opposite fabric. I absolutely love making bibs for baby shower gifts now. They're so much easier than a quilt!
I told the neighbor that's expecting (due date Feb 17 - one day away from an AWESOME birthday) that I'd make more burp clothes. I've already picked up some wild fabrics. (Hey - the dad was hoping for a boy, so I can't give them too many pink things!)

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful gifts! But that is not why I am writing. I'm writing to let you know that you are one of the three winners for my Latin America trip mystery giveaway! I'm only in Mexico City right now, and have lots of shopping left to do, but be sure to follow along so you can be thinking what of my purchases you would like to come home to you! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete